Thursday, July 23, 2009

Plenty Of Fish In The Sea



But not at Ri-Yaz Heritage Resort and Spa in Pulau Duyong, said
Khairul Hamizy Ramlee.


He may be biased in his opinion as he was probably the only contestant in the Duyong Fishing Festival who failed to catch a single fish.

The fishing competition was held a few months ago but the agony of his ultimate defeat that day, just will not go away.




Back then, he used to think of himself as an able angler.


But the humiliation at the home of the Monsoon Cup has made him scared even to steal a glance at his old faithful fishing rod.


"Until that fateful day, I had never failed to catch a fish.


"That must be a sign or something for me to stop fishing for a while," said the 24-year old resident of Gong Pak Maseh.


He said he would never enter another fishing competition.

Not until he makes amend at the next Duyong Pancing Festival.

"The next one was supposed to be held there last month.




"But it was called off for some reasons at the last minute.


"I heard they re-scheduled it to somewhere in November.


"Perhaps, it is better for me to wait a while longer as at the moment, I don't think I'm ready to pick up my rod just yet," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment